Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Blackberry Smartphones Flaw

I like to keep this discovery to myself (because it can be used negatively) I also thought it wise to make it known to other BB users.

I got a call on my BB early this morning while still in bed, I looked at the caller ID and was surprised to see my own name displayed as the caller! 'Wtf' I thought to myself, how on hell did I get to dial my own number, thinking the call came from my other line. I look carefully and saw my saved details;  image, names, place of work  and phone number. At first I ended the call and checked both phones to be sure the call didn't come from my other phone. Was thinking how could this have happened when the same call came in again, I answered the call only to hear 'asalamalaikum', told the caller wrong number and ended the call.

Even call log had my details and number as the caller. Then I looked carefully at the caller's details (call history of call log) only to discover that it came from a 0703 mtn number while mine is a 0803 mtn number but other seven numbers that followed where all same (meaning it was just the second digit that differs). I was like wao! How come? This is supposed to be a fuc... smart phone!

I dialed same number on my basic nokia phone (it also has my mtn number saved on it) but it wasn't as 'dumb' as the  blackberry and didn't display my saved details except the number I dialled.

I also dialled same number that called me on my bro's blackberry and lo and behold my details were displayed as the number being dialled.

Further more, I decided to change the 0703 digits to another mtn ID. So I used 0706 and rest of my seven mtn numbers. The result was conclusive; BB isn't smart after all  as my details was displayed as the number being called even thought it wasn't.

Meaning if you stored 0803(1234567) as Obama on your blackberry and 0703(1234567) or 0706(1234567) calls you and ask you for a favour, you may gladly oblige to the unknown caller's request because your blackberry is gana show that the call is from the Obama you have pre saved on your blackberry.  Am sure a text from these other numbers will also display as being sent by the Obama you have pre saved on ur blackberry.


Same for other networks! Beware!!

No comments:

Post a Comment